Wednesday, April 16, 2008

9 weeks post op

I cannot believe it has been 9 weeks since Ivy's TPLO! She is still improving and her hair is probably 50% grown back on her surgical leg. We have started a walking program. She is walking twice a day for about 15/20 minutes, plus her "potty walks." We are working up to that being three 20 minute walks a day. She really enjoys the walks, as do I! Maybe I can lose some of this "Charleston weight."
We did deviate a bit from the routine last week. Joe and I were invited to attend a practice round at the Masters with our good friends, Bob and Mary Kay. Ivy stayed in her x-pen at their lake house for about 8 hours while we were gone. Her canine friend, Sasha kept her company. Ivy was ecstatic to see us when we got back! But, she was only hungry! Then I decided to stay the week with Mary Kay since Bob was going to be out of town on business. Joe drove back to the jobette in Charleston and Ivy and I had a life of leisure for a few days. We especially enjoyed our walks by the golf course where Mary Kay and Bob live. And Sasha liked peeing where Ivy had just peed! Dogs are funny that way!
Now we are back in Mt Pleasant. Ivy's 10 week x-rays are next week. I have my fingers crossed!











No comments:

Post a Comment